Embarking on his first nationwide tour, Brendan McCahey comes to the Mullingar Arts Centre on June 1. Brendan is a songwriter/ musician based in Shercock, County Cavan. Brendan was recently crowned Winner of The Voice Of Ireland 2014. He was mentored by Mullingar musician Bressie. Although he has been playing music for many years it was not until his appearance on the RTÉ show that he got his break. He self-financed, produced and wrote two albums and is currently signed to Universal Music Ireland where he is working on a new album. His current single ‘You Cant Judge A Book’ has reached number three in the Irish iTunes Charts. Brendan attributes his success on the show to his wife, family, friends, and amazing outpouring of appreciation throughout the country. In September of 2012 he performed one of his songs ‘Safe And Well’ in New York on the NBC show Jimmy Lloyd Singer Songwriter Showcase. He has also supported and played alongside such acts as The Flaws, Paul Heaton (Beautiful South ), Jerry Fish, The Housemartins, Boz Boorer (Morrissey ) and is continually playing nationwide. Brendan McCahey comes to the Mullingar Arts Centre on June 1. Tickets for Brendan McCahey are €12 (adult ), €8 (under 16 ), family tickets €36 (two adults and two children under 16 ). Tickets are available from the Mullingar Arts Centre on (044 ) 9347777.
- Black Dice win Battle of the Bands comp
- Roscommon prepares for a summer of entertainment
- The drama isn’t over yet!
- Westmeath Electric Picnic Trailer Park winners unveiled
- May is here and summer is upon us
- The Cloak set to spread over Mullingar this May
- Colour, colour, and more colour at Luan Gallery
- Mullingar Charity Variety Group plan summer serenade
- The Importance of Being Wilde comes to Athlone
- Crokey Hill Club return with Its The Real McCoy
- Kilmuckridge Drama Group present The Weir
- Hi5 Orchestra at Daly’s